Monday, August 4, 2008

Back in the swing, almost ...

I made it back to the gym today after a 2 week absence! Unfortunately it didn't last as long as it should have due to a severe itching attack. I know how wimpy that sounds, but it was real! I did a 5-minute warmup and then went to the leg machines. I didn't have to go down on any of the weights, so that made me feel better. Then I went back to the treadmill for what was supposed to be another 35-40 minutes. After 10 minutes I was itching so badly that I couldn't ignore it and had to leave. I came home, took an oatmeal bath, and felt much better. Of course, after I got out, I started itching a little more, but it is still not as bad as earlier today. (In case you are wondering, the main cause of the itching is a reaction to an antibiotic, which I stopped taking last night. Exercising just severely aggravated it today.)

After dinner tonight Evan asked Steve if he wanted to "work out" with him. Steve asked Evan what he had in mind, and I thought he would talk about some exercises. (Evan and Joel both try to imitate our exercises and have their own style of push-ups.) That is not what Evan had in mind, though. He said, "Playing one of those games, like, you know, tennis or something." He was referring to the Wii. Doesn't it sound much better when it is working out, and not playing? I know that Steve and I have referred to it as that, but it is a little weird to hear your 5-year-old say it.

0 comments:

| Top ↑ |