Monday, July 14, 2008

Lessons in action

Yesterday Steve and I each heard Evan using some of the things that he learned in VBS to help his little brother and himself.

Yesterday we had a thunderstorm during the middle of the day, and Joel and Evan do not like thunder. I told them that they needed to pick up the toys that were out before they played with new toys. Joel said that he couldn't because he was scared of the thunder. Evan said, "You don't have to be scared, Joel. God is with you!"

Later that night they were going to bed, and Joel got upset when Steve turned off the light. Evan said, "It's okay, Joel. God is with you!"

These things would also normally upset Evan, too, but yesterday they didn't! It was one of the times when I was struck with the fact that my little boy is growing up. I am proud of him, but also sad at how quickly time is marching.

0 comments:

| Top ↑ |