Tuesday, July 15, 2008

In just an hour and 15 minutes!

I was away from the house for just 1 hour and 15 minutes yesterday, and when I came home I was greeted with the sight of my oldest with pink eye! He was perfectly fine when I left, but by the time I got home his eye was a little swollen, definitely pink and had a huge amount of green drainage in the corner. (I know that's probably TMI, but I really had to share.) We made a doctor's appointment, and I got the appropriate eye drops after Dad got home. (I wanted him to have the medicine earlier, but I also didn't want to take him out to get the medicine.) He also has a barky cough that seems to have gotten worse with the pink eye. The doctor said that sometimes ear infections come with it, but that his ears looked fine.

He is doing much better today. He even started wearing his glasses again this morning. I didn't post any pictures, because he just looks so pitiful. I don't want to take a picture of him when I know he feels so bad, because looking at those sad eyes makes Mom want to cry, too. (I have taken pictures of boo-boo's before, but this is just different somehow.)

He is being pretty good about the eye drops, too. At least he has been getting better with each dose. The doctor said that if he got two doses in yesterday he shouldn't be contagious today. What Evan heard was that he would be fine today. He protested the first dose based on those grounds, but we finally got it in. The second dose was not nearly as bad, partly because I was better at doing it by myself, too. Looks like Evan and I are both growing through this.

0 comments:

| Top ↑ |