Monday, August 17, 2009

Your mama doesn't work here!



But even if she did, you really should pick up after yourself!! I am not talking about my own house, but about the Ballpark in Arlington. Evan and I went to a game on Sunday afternoon. After every Sunday home game, they let anyone who would like take the field and run the bases. This was our first Sunday game, so made the trek so Evan could run the bases. They have to set up the cones so that no one steps on the grass, and this also gives most of the crowd time to leave the stadium. So, we were walking through the empty stands on our way to the field and I saw trash EVERYWHERE! I'm talking empty bottles, cups, wrappers, napkins, etc., but also half-eaten food just left on the ground. Granted many of the people who left these items were drunk (judging by the number of beer bottles grouped around seats), but can't we throw our own trash away? At least most of it?!? Seriously, people, pick up after yourselves!

Okay, so off of the soapbox and back to the game. It was so much fun! Evan seemed to be enjoying it so much that he didn't ask very many questions. He was following what was going on, too. We saw 2 Rangers homeruns and 1 Red Sox homer (that ball was caught and then thrown back to the field since it was hit by Ortiz). We also saw some to-the-fence doubles. There were a couple of really cool catches, too. Oh, and there was an amazing foul snag by a kid in the crowd. He got a huge round of applause and even a standing "o" from some of the crowd.

It was $1 ice cream day, so we enjoyed some of that, along with peanuts and Cracker Jacks that we brought from home. We also took some waters and Big Red, which we really needed. We were able to see the field well, but we were sitting in full sun in 100 degree heat. Talk about getting sweaty! I had to get a shower as soon as we got home. I found it kind of sad that despite all the water (and little bit of soda) that I drank I didn't have to go to the bathroom once during the game. It all just sweated out.

Anyway, Evan and I had fun and he is looking forward to going back on Wednesday night with Aunt Jenn and her friend (and me). He is excited that Wednesday will be $1 hot dog night, too.

Running the bases

2 comments:

Jayme said...

How fun! What a cool Mom you are ;)

jenn said...

I'm so glad y'all could go to the game with us last week! I'm also very glad we were sitting in the shade!! :) I totally agree about cleaning up after yourself! grrrr! =)

| Top ↑ |