Monday, January 5, 2009

Say it with me ... "awwww"

This morning the boys got up before me and I heard them talking and playing. I went in to check on them and this is what I found - both of them under the covers in Evan's bed. Joel was happy with Evan, but apparently not so happy that I interrupted them.
This Christmas break seemed like a long one, and the boys have had good days and bad days. But they have really done a good job of getting along and playing together. Steve and I have been pleasantly surprised by that.

After everyone was up and moving, I was at the computer when Joel came up "shooting" me with one of the Star Wars ships. He kept making the noise while I ignored him. When I realized what he was doing, I said, "Ow, that hurts!" (I am trying to teach him not to "shoot" at people.) His face immediately changed to one of compassion, he dropped the ship down, said, "I'm sorry, Mommy!", and gave me a big kiss. What a sweet boy! Another "awww" moment.

0 comments:

| Top ↑ |