Saturday, January 17, 2009

My children, the directors

When Evan was younger he demonstrated his desire to be in control at portrait sessions. Just before he turned two we were taking Easter pictures and he rearranged the large Easter egg props. When he turned 3, he suggested an alternate pose to the photographer, which was quite cute.

Now Joel has started. His demonstration takes the form of conversation control, though. About 10 times a day I hear, "Mommy say ...". Sometimes it is out of the blue. Sometimes it is in a conversation. Just now it was, "Mommy, say 'be careful, Joel'" as he was standing on the edge of his chair. I obliged, he took a drink from his cup, stepped back to the middle of the chair and exclaimed, "See, Mommy, I didn't fall!" Sometimes it's nice to decide what I want to say myself, but for those of you who are sometimes at a loss for words, we might start renting Joel to you. Let me know if you are interested!

2 comments:

Scribbit said...

Thanks but we've got plenty of conversation going here--but thanks for the offer :) SOmetimes I'm praying for a few minutes of quiet where no one is saying "MOM!"

Anonymous said...

haha that's too funny!
My lil' man does that too!! (he's 3 1/2) His latest thing though is saying the word "shut up". We've told him not to say it, but being so clever he's now worked it into a sentense; "Daddy we're going to the park today-shutup-I go get dressed!" lol
Like we don't notice!!! haha. Kids are great.

| Top ↑ |