Friday, February 1, 2008

Laughter is the best medicine

Hello all! Well, it has been a fun week around here. Well, some days were fun anyway. At least some moments were fun. ;) Seriously, I don't think that I have laughed so much with my boys in a while. I can't remember all of the things that we/they have done that were so fun, but it is so nice to laugh at/with them instead of getting on to them. I do remember a a couple of stories that I can share.

At our Thursday Bible class the teacher was telling the kids that when they grew up and became mommies and daddies they would tell their kids about God. She then asked a little girl next to Evan if she would be a mommy or a daddy and she replied, "a mommy!" The teacher then asked Evan. I was silently pleading, "Please get this right, please get this right!" Much to my delight he smiled and said, "a daddy!" That night before bed he was talking to Steve and told him that he (Evan) would be a daddy before Joel. Steve tried to explain that before either one of them could be a daddy they needed a mommy. Evan replied with a bit of confusion, "We already have a mommy." It was like you could hear him thinking that his dad had lost his mind. I busted out laughing (in another room). Steve tried to explain again, but without getting too deep into it. I wonder who ended up the most confused.

Last night Joel was getting in trouble for something. He knew he was about to get a spanking on his bottom, so before I could reach him he laughed and sat down. I guess he forgets that I can just pick him up to get to his bottom. We thought that it was a great try for a 2-year-old. And the spanking was not very hard since I was trying not to laugh, so it was somewhat effective, too.

Joel has started reading books to himself. He even read one to one of his animals the other day. Today Joel sat still long enough to let Evan read a book to him. How sweet to see the brothers like that! I didn't pull out the camera because that is a sure way to get it to end.

This week has been a big one for me because I decided to get serious about my health and weight and start working out. I have been complaining for a while, but now I am actually doing something. I have been walking, stretching, and doing some strength training. It hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be to get the exercises in. Sometimes I use the Gazelle glider for the walking, and sometimes I push the boys around in a stroller or cart before we start the actual shopping. I do think that I feel better with the increased activity. I also make better food choices after exercising (usually). I am following a 6 week program by Denise Austin and so far I like it. I hope that by the end of the 6 weeks the exercise will have become a habit and I will be able to keep it up. I would also like for the laughter to become more of a habit. I bet the rest of the family does, too. ;)

0 comments:

| Top ↑ |