Sunday, February 10, 2008

Night-time picnics are fun!

We were having nice weather today and I wasn't really excited about cooking something for dinner, so Steve offered to fire up the grill for hamburgers and hotdogs. That sounded great to me! I had to run to the store to get some buns and other groceries, so Steve and Evan took care of the cooking while I was gone. On my way out I heard Evan asking if we could cook the hotdogs on sticks. Steve passed on that idea, but we did eat outside. They were all set up and the boys had already started eating by the time I got home. The food was great and it was a really nice night to eat outside. We had fun looking at the moon and the stars. The only problem was that after Joel found the moon, he asked to hold it - twice. Steve asked Evan if he would like to go camping someday, and Evan said yes - in the yard. I thought that would probably be a good start for us, until Evan volunteered to gather the sticks for the campfire. Maybe we need to go over the ground rules for camping in the yard-frequently. ;)

0 comments:

| Top ↑ |