Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First time for everything

This is my first entry in my own blog. I hope that it won't be my last. ;) Steve suggested that I start doing this other day, so I am using the boys' nap time today to try it out.

The boys are as energetic as always, which leaves me as tired as always. Today we went to the local McDonald's for a story time. Once a month the library holds a story time there, and today was our first day to try it out. We haven't been to story time in a over a year, so it was fun to be back. Joel did pretty well, but decided to start playing before it was over. I think Evan enjoyed it, especially since a girl from his class and one of his teachers was there. The boys also got to play in the "tubes" a lot before and after story time. Joel goes all the way up into the tubes now by himself. If there are a lot of kids he can get scared up there, but otherwise he just plays and has a great time. They got some energy out and had fun with other kids, so that made for a good morning.

Evan told us that he punched out one of the girls in his class yesterday while playing boxing. He had us going for a while with a very elaborate story, but then he said, "Well, maybe we didn't do that. Maybe we just played bowling, golf, tennis, and baseball." These are all Wii games, so as Steve put it, "He is living in Wii-land." In case you didn't know, Steve's brother got the family a Wii for Christmas and it has been a big hit. Thankfully no one has actually hit the tv yet, but the boys do get close. Joel likes it, but just in little bursts. Evan loves it, and is very good. Steve hasn't figured out how to beat him in boxing yet, but is working diligently on it.
We'll keep you posted on their progress. ;)

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Melissa,
I think it is wonderful that you realize you have so many people far away who care about you and your family. I often think of you and I do ask God to Bless over you and you family quite often. When soemone is in your heart - they are never far away!
Love,
Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa! I miss Evan in my sunday school class! Tell him I said hello, and that I saw his picture playing Wii!
It will be fun catching up with your family this way!


Jeannine Burgett

jenn said...

I LOVE the pictures of the boys playing!! I'm "patiently" waiting for the Gig'em video. :)

Rebecca said...

I LOVE this!!! Welcome to Blog world...

| Top ↑ |