Saturday, September 25, 2010

Like Dandelion Dust

I have been a Karen Kingsbury fan for a long time.  I have read every one of her novels and I have cried at least once with each one.  I have also laughed out loud a fair amount, too.  I was excited to hear her talk years ago about one of her novels being made into a movie.  Tonight I was even more excited to see Like Dandelion Dust on its opening night!  (It is only open in a few cities currently and you can click on the link above to see if it is in your town yet.)  This is a very emotional movie, though - take tissues and don't wear mascara.  And don't say that I didn't warn you.  I think only one person in our viewing claimed to have not cried, and he did say that he enjoyed the film.  He just doesn't cry.

Tonight's viewing was "extra-fun" thanks to the fact that one of the stars, Cole Hauser, was in attendance and greeting fans.  We were one of the last few to meet him before the movie started, so we were a little rushed and didn't get autographs. 
 

However, in the category of "ask and you shall receive", I asked him if we would be able to buy the things on the table after the movie.  He replied that he thought it was all free.  I was specifically interested in a shirt that I saw so I said, "Even the shirts?"  He looked at the shirt and handed it to me and told me to take it.  I asked, "Are you sure?"  He said yes, so I took it!  Too bad I couldn't get his autograph on it, though.


We had a Q&A time with Cole Hauser, Chad Gundersen, and Chris Morrow after the movie and that was a lot of fun, too.  I didn't have any questions, but I enjoyed hearing them discuss the process of making the movie.  So, it was a great night out with some girlfriends!  And you really need to make plans to see this movie if at all possible!

1 comments:

Julie said...

Oh I'm so jealous! I loved the book, but the movie is not showing anywhere near here yet. I'm hoping it'll come though! Glad you had a good time!

| Top ↑ |