Friday, October 3, 2008

At least it was still edible

Last night we were having a dinner with our small group, and I was bringing a cake. I baked the sheet cake after I picked Evan up from school. I left it out so that it could cool before I finished it, and sat down to rest. Evan was watching tv, and I fell asleep on the couch. When I woke up, I headed to the back of the house, and Evan seemed eager to tell me something. "Mom," he started, "I accidentally woke Joel up, and he told me to eat the cake." I ran to the cake and this is what I found.He was sent to timeout so that I could calm down and think. At first I considered not letting him have dinner, but then I decided that he could have carrots, celery, and broccoli. He chose carrots, but only ate a little. He ate so much cake, that he couldn't have been that hungry anyway.

He knew that he was in trouble, and that it was a bad thing to do, but he wasn't acting like it. On the way to our small group meeting the subject of the cake came up and he said, "That cake was soooo yummy!" I got on to him, but he just said it again.

On the drive home the subject of the ten commandments came up, and eventually we got around to stealing. I explained to him that taking the cake was like stealing, and that seemed to finally make an impact on him.

By the way, I did decide to take the cake to the meeting, and everyone enjoyed the story behind it. Since it was messed up already, I decided to experiment, and it wasn't as good as if I had followed the recipe, but it was still tasty.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That is hilarious!! I'm sure that the cake was at its best while it was warm! :) Cute story!

Rebecca said...

Oh wow...but at least you knew that he really liked it!

| Top ↑ |