I am taking a break from crafting gifts to complete this little survey. Just because I thought it sounded fun. Please re-post on your own blog if you are so inclined. I would love to see everyone's answers!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Both, but I drink hot chocolate more.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When I was a little he left them unwrapped until we requested that he wrap them. He wraps the ones for my boys.
3. Colored or white lights on tree/house? Colored, but I like both looks on other people's houses/trees.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your decorations up? It used to be the day after Thanksgiving. Since we travel a lot for Thanksgiving, I prefer to put them up before we leave so that they are already up and ready to enjoy when we get back.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? There are so many choices! I think my favorite would have to be the fudge that Mom always made and I make now. Speaking of, I need to do that this week!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? So many! I loved to just sit and watch the lights on the Christmas tree. I loved that they were always on when I got up. I hate that I have to turn them on now. Plus, I usually get up at the same time as the kids, so they will not have that memory themselves.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Not sure what this question means. ;-)
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? As kids, we would sometimes. (It depended on the year and my parents' mood, I guess.) Now we open one gift on Christmas Eve (and it is jammies).
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With colored lights, ornaments from my childhood, ornaments that the kids have made, and we each get a new ornament every year. (Steve and I don't get a new one every year, but the kids do.)
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it! But I don't have to drive in it, shovel it, etc.
12. Do you remember your favorite gift? Getting married 9 years ago (on December 23rd)
13. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? The wonder that God became a man to save us from our sins
14. What is your favorite holiday tradition? In our family now, I think it is doing the advent calendars every night with the kids. We have one that tells the story of Jesus birth which Evan is reading to us this year. The other one has little boxes for every day and they hold miniature ornaments for a little tree. The ornaments are snowflakes (which the boys call stars), bells, and nativity figures. We try to coordinate the nativity figures to the story.
15. What tops your tree? A tree-topper that is neither a star or an angel
16. Which do you prefer – giving or receiving? Giving. They are both nice, but I love trying to find the perfect gift for people.
17. Candy canes: Yuck or Yum? I eat them, but they are not my first choice for Christmas candy.
18. Favorite Christmas show? Again, there are too many to choose from! I like watching "The Muppets Christmas Carol" with the boys on Christmas Eve. I like watching "White Christmas" cuddled up with Steve. For humor, I love to watch "Elf".
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Man, that's a touch one, too. This year I am completely enraptured by Downhere's version of "Silent Night".