Wednesday, April 22, 2009

So, what have I been up to?

If someone knows, could you please tell me!

This is one of those seasons (or weeks at least) that feel like I have been really busy, but I couldn't tell you what I have been doing. One of my friends commented to me on the phone that she hoped that day had been better than the one before. That truly puzzled me for a minute, because I couldn't really remember the one before. Is anybody else there with me?

Well, I can remember a few things that have happened since I posted last and since you are all dying to hear my up-to-the-minute happenings I feel that I should oblige. :)

1. I went on an awesome women's retreat with my church! I think the word "awesome" gets overused a lot these days, and I am not overstating my feelings here. It was a weekend where I was reminded how BIG God is and how much he cares about us, even though we are so little. I got to spend time with a very dear friend from Aggie days, as well as women from my community group. I also got to make many new friends and I know that God was in the middle of it all.

2. I got allergy tested this week. And I found out I have allergies. Okay, so I knew that part already, but it does seem that what I am allergic to has changed. I am also doing some immunology testing and will go back in about a month to see about allergy shots. In the meantime I am taking my meds and hoping to not get another infection. (This fall/winter/spring it seems I have been getting infections every 6-8 weeks.) I also got a vaccine for pneumococcal and my arm is hurting like the dickens! I have new sympathy for my kids when they get vaccines now.

3. Today was the end-of-the-year brunch for my Wednesday morning Bible study group. We have had a great year, and I am sad to see this regular time with this small group come to an end. But I am excited about some new opportunities for Bible study over the summer, and about starting back up with The Amazing Collection in September!

4. The boys are continuing to "steal" sweets from our cabinets and pantries. We have tried various forms of correction, but have failed to find one that works well - at least as far as Evan is concerned. He is able to open the locks and has been caught sneaking the food more recently than Joel. Evan also lies about his involvement which is compounding the problem. I think that the sweets have all been removed from the cabinets at this point. It doesn't get to the heart of the problem, but it should give us a break for a while.

That's about it for now. It's approaching sunset and my brain feels like it is "setting" as well. Good night and sweet dreams!

3 comments:

The Steele Family said...

Looks like you've been pretty busy. I'd love to go to a women's retreat one day, sounds like you had a great time!

steele family said...

um, that is weird seeing "the steele family" and it not being my comment. anyway, we did have a great cabin. i had a great time too :)

Melissa said...

I know! It's like a little present for me now because I don't know who it is until I read the comment or publish it.

| Top ↑ |