Saturday, April 12, 2008

Farm livin' is the life for me!

I think that could become Joel's theme song. Today (Saturday) he and I went to a spring event at a local farm. (Evan was supposed to go, but he decided to stay home and help Steve in the yard.) The first thing he wanted to do was ride a pony. Here he is reaching over to pet the pony's mane during the ride.
After that he wanted to find a cow. We had to do a few other things first, but we made it there eventually. Along the way Joel got to see a lamb. This one is 4 days old. Her mom was behind her and getting quite upset that she couldn't be with her baby.

Here is a goat getting milked. She had 4 kids five days ago and is making about 2 gallons of milk a day. The kids were out too and Joel got to pet them a little. He was really interested in seeing what this was all about.

And here is a cow! Joel was very excited and is waving at it here.

Then he got to try his hand at milking a "cow". He is getting a little stream of milk out.

After that I asked him what he wanted to do. He replied, "Go home." We didn't do that, though. I took him to an outlet mall where we got to meet some friends, Aunt Jenn and her mom, Mrs. Becky. We had lunch, did some shopping, and finally made it home.

Evan had to miss out on the fun, but he had fun at home with his dad. I kept asking him if he was sure that he didn't want to go. At one point he said, "No, but I still love you." That wasn't what I was worried about, but it was nice to hear.

0 comments:

| Top ↑ |