Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

What a rollercoaster of a day!  I had all of these plans to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, but the boys' emotional ups and downs kept me guessing as to whether we would be able to get it all done.  (BTW, all of the things I did were from ideas got from other blogs and from pinterest.)

The boys started the day with a breakfast of Lucky Charms.  I don't think that they have ever had these before and apparently they really like them.  They snacked on them all day long and most of the box is gone now.


For lunch we had rainbow fruit kabobs and quesadillas.  The blog I got these from had cuter quesadillas, but we enjoyed these just fine.

In the afternoon we watched Darby O'Gill and the Little People.  Steve and Evan saw it for the first time.  Joel had a hard time not telling them what was going to happen.  If you get a chance to watch the DVD, I recommend watching the bonus features.  It was so neat to see how they accomplished the special effects.  Such craftsmanship!

As we began the movie, we enjoyed a shamrock float (lime sherbet and lemon-lime soda).

A few minutes later, we snacked on sweet and sour frozen grapes.  Everyone seemed to enjoy those.

Dinner was Irish stew served over colcannon (mashed potatoes with cabbage and kale).  Well, the boys ate theirs separately, but at least they ate it.  I am pretty sure that was only so that they could get dessert.

Leprechaun surprise!  Eat the (pistachio) pudding to find the leprechaun's treasure.  I was so tired and hungry that I forgot to take pictures of the treasure.  Steve and I found gold-covered rolos, while the boys found gold-wrapped chocolate coins.  I got the coins from the chocolate factory we visited several weeks ago and have been hiding them ever since.  The boys didn't like the pudding as much, but they did like the chocolate!

So, we made it through the day!  The boys are resting well and it's about time for me to do the same.  Good night!

0 comments:

| Top ↑ |