Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day!

I love most excuses to plan a party or a celebration day, so I "jumped" at the chance to do some fun things for Leap Day.  I surprised the boys with a table of frogs and a light-up bouncy ball for each of them this morning.  Then for breakfast we all enjoyed some leapin' lemon yogurt.  (This was a big deal because I don't usually by the flavored yogurts.)  Joel really liked the sign that I hung from the light fixture over the table, too.  He had to make sure that Dad saw it when he got home from work tonight.













The boys' school also had crazy day, where they could wear crazy clothes, hats, hair, etc.  Both of the boys had fun doing their hair, and Evan decided to wear a cape, too.  Joel thought that the glasses he got from school were a nice addition to his crazy look, especially worn upside down.













After they got out of school we watched Kung Fu Panda 2 and ate popcorn.  (I wanted to get The Princess and the Frog from the library, but I couldn't find parking.)  There is lots of leaping with the Dragon Warrior and the Furious Five, so it was fun.  The only other time Evan and I had seen it was on the airplane, so we missed a lot.  I quite enjoyed it this time snuggled up with my boys.

I taught them how to play leapfrog, but they didn't like playing it in the house.  Instead they decided to have frog races in the kitchen.  They love those little frogs!
























For dinner we had Hoppin' John.  I am not sure that I had ever eaten black-eyed peas like this before, but they were really okay.  (I am not a big black-eyed pea fan.)   I made the peas a little too spicy for Joel but everyone else seemed okay with it.  No huge praises, but no complaints either.  And it was pretty filling!

I started planning this pretty late, so I need to start thinking now about what to do next year.  Oh, but that just reminded me that the boys will be 12 and 10 by the next leap year.  EEEEK!  I don't want to think about that any more.  I will just try to enjoy these days right now (even if there is some pouting, yelling, and crying throughout the day).  And wish you a happy leap day!

0 comments:

| Top ↑ |