Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sharing some time (and pictures)

I am so thankful that Steve worked with me to allow me to be able to see our nephew Chance before he left for his deployment. I wasn't there all that long, but I got to spend one afternoon just hanging out with him and his family. The next day I got to see him lined up with the other 3200 members of his division at the farewell parade. Granted, there were so many visitors that I didn't get that close. And there are so many in the division that I can't tell you exactly where Chance was. He is somewhere in this photo, though.
That night we had a large family dinner to celebrate Chance and to send him off with our love. And when I say that it was large, I mean it! There were about 60 people there. (That is one of the benefits of being trained in a town near most of your extended family.)

I am so glad that I made the trip and that I got to spend the time with Chance. I also got to see a lot of other family and even an "old" friend that I haven't seen in years. It was a quick trip, but it was definitely worth it!

Please join me in praying for Chance as he serves our country overseas.

0 comments:

| Top ↑ |