Monday, March 23, 2009

They really are learning good stuff, too!

Last night Steve was trying to reinforce the boys' Sunday school lesson by going over the papers they had brought home. The lesson was on Jesus' healing of the ten lepers. While looking at the pictures, Joel started asking where the "tin man" was. Through my laughter, I explained to Steve that Joel was confusing the tin man from the Wizard of Oz with the "ten men" Jesus healed. We tried to explain it to Joel, but then he asked about the "one tin man" that came back to thank Jesus.

Steve then tried to get the boys to sing a praise song by Brenton Brown titled "I Will Remember You". Evan decided to change the words to "Let's Go Potty in Our Underwear". (It fit really well, and this is a skill that Evan has picked up from both Steve and me. However Steve and I don't usually sing about bodily functions.) Joel thought that was great change and picked up the new lyrics immediately.

By then, we decided it was time for bed and to try again tomorrow. At least I got a good laugh out of the evening.

0 comments:

| Top ↑ |