Friday, January 8, 2010

I feel pretty ... oh, so pretty!

Especially when I am getting my 4-year-old ready for church and he asks in a sweet little voice, "Mommy, why did you make yourself pretty today?" Ahhhh ... children have a way of humbling us, don't they.

I was thinking it was time for a haircut so that we could finally get family portraits done. I bought a box of color to do my hair myself, but didn't get the cut yet. Then I got an e-mail about a great opportunity. Without knowing all of the details, I signed up. All I needed to know was that I was getting a free hair cut/color which the designer would decide for me and then I would be committed to modeling the new 'do next Thursday morning. I went in yesterday to the (fanciest-I've-ever-been-to) salon and the owner did my consultation. He told me what he wanted to do and asked if I would be available early Thursday morning. I said hesitantly, "How early?" He answered (somewhat apologetically, it seemed), "You need to be here at 6:30, 7 at the latest. We need time to do your hair and make-up and then go to the studio." So at this point I realize that I have agreed to go on a tv show to show my before/after. (They already took the before pictures, and they are worse than I hope I normally leave the house looking. It's a good thing i don't embarrass easily.) Some people would freak out, but I find it kind of exciting. And I get a free service - TWICE! I still don't know what channel it will be on, or what time, but I will let you know when I do. I hope to find out today when I go back for the cut/color. I also need to find out if I will have to buy a new outfit for my "appearance". So, I will keep you updated, and hopefully I will have good news to report after today's appointment!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

How exciting!! I can't wait to see pictures of the new cut/color! That sounds like so much fun!!

Rebecca said...

So neat!! I can't wait to see the final outcome!!

| Top ↑ |